Secret Places Inc
- The types of information we collect through our services;
- How we use and protect that information.
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances.
- The choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
For the purposes of this Policy, “guest” means Secret Places’s corporate client, and “subscriber” means the individual who has subscribed to receive ebulletins email publications.
This Policy applies to the Secret Places websites, emails we send, and any services that link to it as well as the information we collect when you interact with us through social media or other websites and online services. It does not apply to non Secret Places websites and mobile applications that may link to the services or be linked to or from the services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
Information We Collect From or About You
Below we describe the different types of information we collect from you and the devices you use when you interact with our services.
Information You Give Us:
Our service includes features that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our services. This may include your name, mailing address, zip/post code, phone number, or email address.
Information Collected Automatically:
When you interact with the website, certain information about your use of our services is automatically collected. This information includes computer and connection information, such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our services, referral URL, your IP address, and device identifiers. This information also may include how you search for our services, the websites you click on from our services or emails, whether and when you open our emails, and your browsing activities across other websites.
- Essential operation: These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the website as you have requested.
- Performance/Analytics: We use these cookies to analyze how the website is accessed, used or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate and continually improve the Secret Places websites. We may also obtain information from our e-mail newsletters, to learn whether you opened or forwarded the newsletter or clicked on any of the content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
- Functional: These cookies let us operate certain functions of the website in line with the choices you make
- Advertising: Third parties, including Google, Facebook, and other social media platforms, may use tracking technologies on our website to collect or receive information from the websites and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to provide measurement services and target ads.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the services may not be available, work, or work as designed.
Information from Social Media: When you interact with us or the services through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our services), we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
How We Use Information We Collect From or About You
We may use information you give us or information we collect about you to:
- Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Provide and improve our products and services;
- Provide you with more relevant content in email bulletins to which you may be subscribed;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
How We Share Information About You
We may share the information collected via our websites with companies who work on our behalf to help us provide and support our products and services.
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this policy.We may use or disclose information about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith believe that such sharing is necessary to conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us.
Interest-based advertising is the collection of data across different websites and/or difference devices for the purpose of tailoring advertising based on preferences or interests know or inferred from the data collected.
Secret Places may partner with third parties to use the information you make available to us when you interact with our services to provide you with advertising that is relevant to you after you leave our services. Secret Places will not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their own uses.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
Updating Your Information
You can update the information you provide to us and for other questions about your information, please contact us using the information at the end of this policy.
How We Secure the Information We Collect From or About You
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases that are operated on our behalf.
Information for Users in Europe and Elsewhere Outside the U.S.
If you use our services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your personal information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding personal information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Users in the European Union (EEA) and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we maintain facilities. Upon the start of enforcement of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights once the GDPR becomes effective. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
- The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our services if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority; using your data for direct marketing; or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
To Unsubscribe from any newsletters
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
For Questions, or to Report a Problem
Contact us at:
Secret Places Inc
4905 Chiquita Boulevard South, Suite 102
tel: +1 239-541-4601